DIY : How to Choose the Best Type of Granite Countertops for your Bathroom
A countertop signifies a horizontal work surface in bathrooms, kitchens or workrooms. There are various materials which are used to construct countertops varying in durability and functionality. Countertops are fit in kitchen or bathrooms, respectively known as kitchen countertops and bathroom countertops. Now, granite is a hard and tough intrusive igneous rock. Granites naturally have a diverse color palette. The surfaces of granites are almost as hard as a diamonds. Such qualities make it an ideal material for construction of countertops.
Certain steps in identifying the best countertops-
- Bathroom counters tend to wear and tear less than the ones in kitchen. Hence, materials which are more likely to stain should be limited to bathrooms.
- Limestone, marble, granite, quartz, hardwood, copper, zinc, aluminum, stainless steel, tile etc are some items which are quite popular in making countertops. Each material has its own pros and cons.
- Always compare samples.
- The cost of the materials can be effectively reduced by mixing different materials. The countertops at bathrooms tend to be smaller and hence, you can smartly apply the left over materials from other jobs to it. This reduces the overall cost.
- Find pieces which work together and add to the aesthetic value.
- If you do not have the professional knowledge then interfering in the work of the professionals is futile unless required. Let them take the necessary measurements and other requirements for the proper fitting of the countertops.
Be it choosing bathroom countertops in Marietta or granite countertops in Fulton,GA, you always have to be careful in making the choices. There is a difference in choosing your kitchen countertops and choosing bathroom countertops. Different materials provide varying advantages and disadvantages. Let’s focus on the advantages of granite countertops in bathrooms.
You can read about- 7 Tips for to Make Your Bathroom Stylish and Organised
Steps in selecting bathroom countertops-
- Bathroom countertops do not face the same level of wear and tear as the kitchen countertops do. Hence, they can be custom made, with wider options which suite personal taste.
- Less functional countertops should be preferred in bathrooms.
- Employ trusted professionals only.
Advantages of granite countertops in bathrooms-
- Vivid color patterns increases choices.
- Granite is heat-resistant.
- Granite countertops easily resist stains or scratches.
- It isn’t subject to the adverse effects of mold.
- Granite countertops are elegant.
- It is much durable and easy to care.
- They are easy to maintain.
Hence, you always have to ensure that the company dealing in countertops is a good one. Add value to your home by choosing the best.
This article “How to Choose the Best Type of Granite Countertops for your Bathroom”was originally published on Dreamhomestar.