DIY : 6 amazing DIY green tea beauty recipes. – Harsha Herlekar – Medium
As you all know, Green Tea has become such an important part of daily life for its health benefits. But did you know how effective is green tea when you incorporate it in your beauty regime. Here are 6 DIY’s you can do with green tea for some amazing beauty benefits.
- Reduce dark circles: Green tea has caffeine and is loaded with antioxidants which help in reducing dark circles and eye puffiness by shrinking the blood vessels. Take cold green tea bags and place on your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Toner: Green tea acts as a great face toner by shrinking the pores and giving a natural glow to your face. It also helps in reducing production of oil on your face. Take freshly brewed green tea and spray it all over your face twice daily.
- Treats Acne: The antibacterial properties in green tea helps in lesser production of sebum and also reduces the inflammation and prevents cause of acne. Apply the brewed green tea on the affected area and you will soon see the results.
- Hair Growth: As mentioned earlier, green tea is loaded with antioxidants. This helps in the elongation of hair follicles and stimulates hair growth. Spray green tea onto your scalp after shampooing and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Strong shiny nails: Green tea helps in having stronger, shinier nails by reducing the discoloration of the nails. Soak your nails in green tea once a week and you will get the results.
- Face Exfoliant: The micro granules of green tea are great for exfloliation. Mix the contents in the green tea bag and mix it with yogurt and use it as a face scrub.