DIY : 5 Benefits of Aloe Vera for the Hair and Skin – Raven Quentice Jones – Medium
Aloe Vera is use in a variety of products including skin, hair and health. And for a good reason!. It contains antibacterial and antiviral properties, treat diabetes and constipation. Aloe Vera is that miracle plant we all need! The uses are tremendous and endless! Other things include helping to moisturize your hair, give it a natural shin, reduce itching and to the skin and hair, treating eczema and more!
Down below is a list of what and how you can use aloe Vera in your skin and hair regimen.
1. Leave-in Conditioner
– Mix equal parts of aloe Vera gel and water into a spray bottle and add about 10 drops of essential oil of your choice and you’re good to go!!
2. Deep Clean Conditioner
– Mix half cup of aloe Vera gel and a half cup up olive oil(or the oil of your choice), apply to scalp and hair, comb/brush through evenly, let sit for 30mins and then rinse throughly. That mixture may last you a few days depending on the amount you use on your hair.
3. Dry Hair(because I have one!
– Mix a cup of aloe Vera gel and 1/2 of almond oil(experiment with this because not all hair reacts well to the same oil), apply it to the scalp, let it penetrate for about 30mins and then rinse throughly with luke-warm(mostly on the cooler side). After a few weeks, those strands should start to look gorgeous and luxurious.
4. Treats Acne
– Aloe Vera contains two hormones called gibberellins and auxin. They both provide anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties that reduce skin inflammation. Also allows the ski to heal quickly by stimulating the growing new cells! I use natural aloe Vera gel on my face to treat my acne near my periods! You should give it a go!
5. It Fights Aging
– I don’t always worry about my appearance when it comes to pleasing others but I make sure I satisfy myself with a few beauty enhancers. Aloe Vera is one of them. Because it contains antioxidants including Vitamin C and E and beta carotene, it helps improve the natural firmness of the skin. Which is whyyyyy I use it on my face in the mornings, mostly under my eyes, to reduce puffiness and tired look. It actually works and I can feel the pull as it dries!!
As you can see. Natural and organic skin, hair and healthy regimens are the way to go. It’s inexpensive and lasts longer if you ask me. Stop spending money on products you try and throw away because it doesn’t work. The Aloe Vera plant WILL work for you in those 3 ways and as a decorative piece for your home if you’d like! Lol yup! It’s so niiiiice! Stop wasting money ladies AND gentlemen. This is it!